Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My washer starts to fill and then just shuts off. iv tryde

Customer Question

my washer starts to fill and then just shuts off . iv tryde unpluging it that helped a few times .its been working just like normal .its getting a littel more finiky
like to know where to foucus my endevers on repairing.or shall i call the man?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! This has been a common problem for these machines and is the result of a loss of neutral to the machine control. The neutral comes in from line and goes to a compound connection at the cold water inlet valve and then on to the control. That compound connection has been known to fail. The connection is to be cut out and replaced with a high quality connector as a repair. Also, check the neutral at the motor control down in the base of the machine.