Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Dishware 't turn off keep running, with f1 code

Customer Question

Dishware don't turn off keep running, with f1 code
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

F1 means that there is water in the base pan below the bottom drawer. This usually happens because something was stacked too high in one of the drawers when it was running and this caused the lid to not seal up when the drawer was shut. To correct the issue, pull the bottom drawer out. There are 2 square plastic push tabs on the right and left side of the drawer just behind the front panel. Pull the drawer forward and push in on these tabs. This will allow you to pull the drawer out a bit further so that you can get towels in the base pan behind the drawer.. Soak up all the water and leave the unit unplugged for 24 hours to let it dry out. Once it's dry, the F1 error will not return. If the F1 error does re-occur, then unfortunately you will need to replace the small filter board in the back left corner of the base pan under the plastic housing because that is what senses the water. Below is a link to a video that will show you how to remove the bottom drawer so that you can complete this repair.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks for your respond, was very helpful, I got the same on line, I will try and let you khow , had a hard time to move the drawer, do I have to move the panel first, then the drawer
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Alright no problem. You shouldn't need to remove the front face before you remove the drawer. The drawer will always be connected to the hoses and wire harness and such that runs below the drawer out the back of the drawer, but when you depress the 2 square plastic release tabs at the bottom of the drawer on the right and left side just behind the front panel, the drawer should pull forward a little further forward and then lift up and off so you can set it off to the side.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
dryed it out, turn the power back on, top drawer has a code p2 with lock symble on it ,bottom drawer no display, also had ld with lock symble on bottom drawer, no changed to f3 and beeping
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry LD with lock symble on the top drawer not bottom, bootom has no display
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hard to say, sounds like you have multiple issues and you're going to need to have a technician come out at this point to look the unit over because it sounds like you have more issues. The lock symbol should be able to be removed by pressing and holding the right button on the 3 button power touch button pad to unlock it. But the F3 is a water temperature sensor failure where it thinks the drawer is too hot. If you open the bottom drawer flashing F3 and it's hot, unplug the dishwasher or flip the breaker off because that main board at the bottom of the dishwasher that you just dried out is shorted and needs to be replaced. If it's not hot, inside the drawer, then you either have a bad main control board or bad heater assembly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
F3 is on the top drawer and beeping, bottom drawer has no code
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK then see if the top drawer is hot and if so you need a new main power filter board below the bottom drawer. If it's not hot, then as I said before you either have a bad control board or a bad heater assembly---you'll need a technician.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
top drawer is warm when you open the it gets cold, can we use the top or bottom dishwasher
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

You can not use either drawer right now. You need to unplug the unit before more damage happens. That main filter board will need to be replaced where you dried all that water because it shorted out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks a lot for your help, I guess have to call the tech.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Alright, well I'm very sorry about all the problems this dishwasher has.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?