John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I HAVE A Kitchen aid ice maker that does not make enough

Customer Question

I HAVE A Kitchen aid ice maker that does not make enough ice. I tech cam e out and told my wife something and fallen down and that was the issue and it worked great for a few weeks but now back to doing the same thing. trying not to pay for another visit
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for requesting me!

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?
And is this a freestanding icemaker under the counter ,or a compact ice maker in side of a refrigerator?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is an under the counter Kitchen Aid model #KUIC18NNTS 4 SER.# *****

OK Thank you!

How much ice is the unit making ?

And after two -three days of working is the bin staying over 3/4 full every day after that?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
why are you still asking me questions? The ice maker fills everyday to only the bottom 25 %. There is a level on the right wall of the unit. I need to know what position it needs to be in so it will fill completely.

If you think I can answer your question with out asking,, just a few questions ,your mistaken!!

And what do you think position wise,, you can change on this unit ,all the unit has is push buttons On/OFF .Holiday Mode, Service

Clean /Reset

There is no adjustment of any setting.

Where is this unit located at? inside or outside

Has the condenser coil under the unit ever been cleaned?

And has the unit ever been cleaned? meaning have you ever run a ice maker cleaning product through the unit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I unit has been thoroughly cleaned. This is a long tube on the right side of the inside wall of the unit that I think is the ice level indicator. In what position should it be in. Pushed up where the end at its lowest point or pulled back with the end of the tube is at its highest point. In summary what makes the unit STOP making ice and do I have that part positioned correctly.

Ok the tube that you are speaking of on the right side is the bin thermistor, it has a plastic clamp that it has to fit into on the right side wall and the clamp is held in place by one screw.

Do you see it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see it and it is in place but I can move it forward and back. Is there a certain position it should be in?