Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have replaced the control module to a Magic chef range.

Customer Question

I have replaced the control module to a Magic chef range. They have rearranged the wiring terminals on the module since my range was manufactured. The new module looks exactly the same as the old one.
After installing it and attaching the leads the same way they were, the first problem was the broiler wire and the oven wire were reversed. When you turned on the oven the broiler would go on and visa versa. The second problem was that when you turned on the oven a bizzer wouls go on after a few seconds. I found was a wire in a white plug/clip needed to be moved over to another position, one that had a terminal opposite it.
Now the range works prett well all but the oven. lt will eventually get up to temperature but the problem is that the burner keeps turning off and on in the process. I'm thinking there is probably one more wire I need to switch.
Can you help me?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The issue is probably with the broil element. The broil element should cycle during preheat while the bake element stays on. May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information? Can you post a picture of the wiring as you have it now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will you be available tomorrow, Saturday, when I have more time to tackle this? - Don
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I will be in and out on Saturday, just post back and we can proceed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kelly, Are you available now? - Don Rose
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kelly, Are you available now?