Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Maytag Legacy Quiet Series 300 dishwasher that has

Customer Question

I have a Maytag Legacy Quiet Series 300 dishwasher that has stopped working. Here are the particulars:
1. All of the touch control panel lights light up when pressed;
2. It does fill up with hot water when you press the desired cycle;
3. It hums 3 times like it is trying to start but after that the lights on the control panel shut off;
4. I did Google the problem and tried their solution – turning the breaker switch off for 10 minutes and then trying it again – no go;
5. When I press the start button twice to reset (also suggested on Google) it does drain the water that was filled.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The humming is the wash motor attempting to start and then going off on the overload. The motor may need to be replaced. The model tag should be behind the door on the tub, usually in the upper left corner once the door is opened.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess this was worth $5 as it confirmed what I thought. There is no model number anywhere on the machine.