Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Several months ago our oven model ECS130B started leaving

Customer Question

Several months ago our oven model ECS130B started leaving the interior light on all the time. The light finally burned out but now there is a ticking sound from the control panel. The ticking is random but happens often after the oven is used. The only way to stop the ticking is to push and hold the "light" button on the control panel. When you release the button the ticking resumes. HELP!!
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! It sounds like the button for the light may have moisture behind it or may be faulty. It could also be a door switch issue if the door does not close all the way and stay closed. Does the door close well and stay firmly shut? If the door is staying shut well, use a hair dryer (breaker off) and heat the keypad up until very warm while rubbing over each pad, paying close attention to the light button. Does the behavior change when plugged back in?