MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

I have a clogged drain pump. I have ordered the correct part

Customer Question

Hello my name is ***** ***** I have a clogged drain pump. I have ordered the correct part and cannot get to the drain pump can someone help me remove the location on the Whirlpool duet steam washer. Please!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

The drain pump is on the base at the front. You will need to remove the top, console and front to get to it. There are many videos on youtube that show disassembly of these style washers if you need it.

There is a trap on the pump that is probably clogged, so you may not even need the pump. You can possibly reach and unscrew the trap by removing the door gasket retainer and pulling the gasket off - it all depends on how strong and flexible you are as there is not a lot of space. Tilt the washer back to the wall as any water in the washer pours out when the trap is removed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cleaned out the place around the drum there was a little of crap in it but not enough to stop it up. So what do I do to get to the screw off basket on the actual pump
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please reply again please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What I wasn't done with my question where is the tech I need answer to my first question finished please
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

I explained how to access the pump.