Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My dishwasher is not cleaning very well. There is always

Customer Question

My dishwasher is not cleaning very well. There is always residue in the bottom of cups and glasses. I have a Tappan that is about 7 years old. I'm wondering if it is ready to be replaced, however, it never really cleaned as well as I thought it should. Should I be cleaning the filter or something? Every once in a while I do remove the round plastic mesh drain cover but it does not come out easily and I always think I'm going to break it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The issue is likely with the detergent you are using and the lack of phosphate in it. Try using an additive, like Lemi Shine, with each load for a while. It is available in most large stores that sell dish detergent. You will likely see an improvement. Let me know how it goes.