MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

My dryer runs but doesn't heat. There is 220 in, no voltage

Customer Question

Good evening my dryer runs but doesn't heat. There is 220 in, no voltage to the heating element. No voltage to the heater relay. Disconnecting the orange wire and I have 110 between red and ground. Any thoughts? Thanks dennis
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Dave. I will need the brand and model number to be able to pull up the wiring diagram for your model.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Frigadaire GLEO2152ESO

Thanks, ***** ***** opt out for a Frigidaire expert.

Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

With the dryer running do you have 220 between the black at the cord block and the black at the heater relay on the board?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No nothing, though there wouldn't be any measuring black to black would there be. The relay you are talking about is the one on the control board with black and red wires correct
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

The control board is bad here and the black wires are different- I am a Frigidaire tech and I certainly know how to test a dryer.Replace the board and the dryer will heat.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A little snotty are we? Just asked a simple question trying to understand. A simple "the two blacks are different" would have serfised. Do you sell parts as well? If not do you have a suggestion and approx price? Thanks for your help. Dennis
.
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

I sell parts, but the only way I can contact you to get all your info to buy one is thru live help. ###-##-#### ***** about $165

Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
what else is needed here?