Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My refrigerator is almost one year old. The last two months

Customer Question

My Amanda refrigerator is almost one year old. The last two months it started smelling when the fan is running. It smells like rotten water. There doesn't seem to be any leaks under the fridge and it's working well. I can't stand the smell. I had the repair man here and he could find nothing wrong with it. He said to call when it smelled. That's a bit hard because the smell only smells when the fan is running. Please help me.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the smell is inside, there may have been some blood from meat that dripped onto the back wall and into the defrost area. If from the outside, you may have a rodent or droppings underneath the cabinet. Did the technician inspect those areas? May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?