Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

KENMORE ELITE-STOPPED WORKING AFTER ICE WAS FORMING ON THE

Customer Question

KENMORE ELITE-STOPPED WORKING AFTER ICE WAS FORMING ON THE BACK INSIDE OF FREEZER. THEY REPLACED COMPRESSOR.NO CHANGE-STAYS WARM,PUT IN NEW COTROL PANEL.PLACED IT,PUT COVER BACK ON THEN PLUGGED IT IN AND LEFT. NO CHANGE.MY HUSBAND TOOK OFF COVER AND GREEN LIGHT WAS FLASHING-6 FLASHES/PAUSE/6 FLASHES ETC. DOES THAT MEAN ANYTHING
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The frost is the cause of poor cooling, it blocks the air flow. That is usually a defrost issue, typically caused by an open thermal fuse, shown at the URL below. Has this part ever been tested or replaced? Is it still frosting up?
http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/b6p4/Kenmore-Refrigerator-Temperature-Sensor/6615JB2005H/1266868?modelNumber=795.71033010&ss=a4b6d879294&mr=1?rcaid=1000054