Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

I have a kitchen aid gas range with self cleaning

Customer Question

I have a kitchen aid gas range with self cleaning button.....after it cleaned for 5 hours I cannot open the oven door....Help!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Dave. The news I have for you may be difficult to hear. There is a thermostat in the back of the oven that failed during clean. This could have been be cause the cooling fan failed or slowed down etc. To get the oven out to check that part the door needs to be manually unlocked. It is done with a wire or plastic card that is bent to fit. Move right to left over the top of the doo. With the door open you can get to the screws that hold in the oven. Does this sound like something you want to tackle?

Do you still need help?