John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My Frigidaire front load washer will not start. model

Customer Question

my Frigidaire front load washer will not start. model ftf2140fso. I have replaced control board and door switch and it still won't start.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Is the main control board getting voltage to it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It lights up.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
seems to be the door not latching even though that part was replaced.

ok have you locked at the strike on the door to make sure it is not broken or bent?

and the dispenser drawer is closed at the way also?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It closes. Just a little more info. This washer is in an enclosed building. It is used for washing towels for a breeding kennel. Really more like a barn than a house, but it is in a utility room. We have had two instances of a snake being seen in the dispenser drawer. When closed for a few minutes the snake disappears. We have been working on the washer recently and no snake has been seen. so is there a switch associated with the dispenser drawer?

Yes this model has a dispenser drawer switch . the use and care booklet says ((• If the dispenser drawer is opened during operation, the washer will shut off. Slowly close the dispenser drawer, and press START to continue.))

So something has to tell the control board that the drawer is open or not fully closed.

But I do not see a part/switch on the dispenser unless it is built right into the dispenser housing and is not replaceable as a separate part.