Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

How do I take the top off the above range in order to check

Customer Question

How do I take the top off the above range in order to check the fuse on the control panel?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

You usually don't remove the entire top as that is a gone of work, you just remove the control panel to reach in under the top panel to remove the fuse. To remove the control panel just pull all the knobs off of the panel. There is a locking nut below each knob that you just twist off counter-clockwise and once all for locking nuts have been removed, the top of the control panel just pulls up and off. Now you can remove the screws going in all around the control panel and remove the control panel. The fuse is a 1" round device mounted below the cooktop which is roughly center from left to right and has 2 wires going to it. If you need more room to remove this part, you must remove all the burner grates and burner caps. Then remove all the screws around the border of the cooktop under the outer lip and the top panel will pull up and off.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?