Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The control panel on my bosch she4am16oc switches to from

Customer Question

the control panel on my bosch she4am16oc switches to from active to clean after aprox. 30 seconds
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So the dishwasher is designed to exit the cycle and go directly to clean if the main control board detects the drain pump drawing too much power. The first thing the dishwasher does is turn the drain pump on when you start a cycle to drain any residual water in the sump assembly. If there is debris in the pump impeller or the bearings on the drain pump are going out or the drain hose is clogged creating additional resistance on the pump impellers, the pump will draw excessive power and the dishwasher will flip to "clean" and shut down. You'll need to remove the drain pump below the dishwasher and check for any debris. Blow through the drain hose from below the tub and make sure it's clear. If that all checks good, try the dishwasher again and if it still acts up---replace the drain pump itself.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?