MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

Maytag bottom freezer Model MBF2255KEB, freezer compartment

Customer Question

Maytag bottom freezer Model MBF2255KEB, freezer compartment is fine, but the top section is 60 degrees!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.

If you open the freezer door and look at the rear interior freezer wall can you see any frost or ice on the rear wall?

And while you have the freezer door open do you hear the freezer Evaporator fan running?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
fan is running

I noticed your request for a phone call. Unfortunately, that's not something I'm able to do.
I`m an expert that works from a remote location and not in a Just Answer office.
I'm happy to continue corresponding with you here directly on your question page.

And I asked two questions here is the first one again .If you open the freezer door and look at the rear interior freezer wall can you see any frost or ice on the rear wall?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do I do next? It is so frustrating because a similar thing happened a year or 2 ago.

can you answer the one question that I have now asked you twice please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is frost on the back wall and fan is running

As I stated when you first requested a phone call Unfortunately, that's not something I'm able to do.

It appears that you are having trouble using this web site.

I can help you on the computer ,but you will need to answer my questions that I ask you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I hope you received my last response. 'Sorry I didn't answer both questions. I assume the ball is in your court?
Fan is running and there is frost on back wall.
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

This is not defrosting, so you will need and know how to use a voltmeter to find out what is wrong. Post back if you can.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can use a voltmeter
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

Get the rear freezer wall off and let me know when that is done. You will need to check the continuity of the heater and defrost limit, so get access to the wires that come off of those parts while you are at it. Both parts should have continuity if good. The defrost limit must be cold to get an accurate reading, so do not warm it up. If you need further instruction on that test then let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is the freezer wall inside freezer compartment or do I get at it from the rear of the refrigerator?
What are typical heater resistance readings in ohms? Is the defrost limit just on or off? What are the colors of the 2 wire pairs?
Since I'm working on this around other folk's schedules, I may be responding at strange times. If this step does not go smoothly, she may have to call a repair person, since I am a grandfather trying to help out.
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

INSIDE. Ohms reading is not important. I do not know the colors as the parts are right there for you to see. The defrost limit is a small round part that is clipped on the copper tubing, so you cannot miss it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THe problem is resolved. I realized it could be a lengthy process for me, but understanding it was not terminal, I advised daughter-in-law to get a service person.
I accept your charge since the info was important in the decision. Thank you.
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

Thanks- a positive rating is always appreciated.