John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Do you know propane only (no electric) off grid

Customer Question

Hi there: do you know propane only (no electric) off grid refrigerators?
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm in a remote location using an off grid propane refrigerator that is propane only. Brand is Unique (looks the same as a Crystal Cold but Canadian version) and only two years old. The burner orifice is clean, nice blue flame, ventilation is good, unit is level. Freezer works down, it''s down to about -10 C but the fridge won't cool to below about 10 degrees C unless it sits with the door closed for 3 or 4 days, then it goes down to near 0 degree C.
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Dave. There are many sizes and model available. They are used by Amish and off grid locations. What size are you looking for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The model i have is a Unique brand 15 cu. ft. UGP-15, cosmetically, it looks identical to a Crystal Cold CC15

Thanks for the info. This is beyond my experience but you information will help if there is another expert with more experience with this issue. I will opt out. Wait for another expert to pick this up before responding.