Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a 15 year old GE profile side by side refrigerator.

Customer Question

Hi Kelly, I have a 15 year old GE profile side by side refrigerator. Ants are getting into the freezer and around the fridge so I figure the door gaskets need to be replaced. The icemaker hasn't worked for a few years and has been disconnected. The freezer light never stays on and the fresh produce drawers are showing their age. My questions is - is it worth replacing the gaskets, veg drawer and light fixture?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! They are probably not coming in through the door seals. The water lines for the dispenser tank come up from the bottom of the refrigerator and there is an open hole for them to enter. If you do not use the water, you can cut the water lines and seal those holes. The tank is mounted in behind the crisper drawers in the refrigerator section.