MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

Barry. Two days ago I removed the water filter in my GE

Customer Question

Hi Barry. Two days ago I removed the water filter in my GE profile Artica. Today I installed a new one and went to run water thru the system via the water dispenser in the front of the fridge. No water came out but water did start coming out on the floor from under the fridge. At first it was dark (like it contained the charcoal from the filter) and now it's clear. Every time I try to run water, it leaks out of the bottom of the fridge.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

A line is split. You'll need to find it and either replace the whole line or splice the split with a coupling depending on how brittle it is. This is nothing difficult and you will need to do the needed work to find it and fix it based on my answer. I cannot be more specific as a line can split anywhere.