Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

Cabrio Washer - Model WTW5600xw0 Issue: Lid rusting inside

Customer Question

Cabrio Washer - Model WTW5600xw0
Issue: Lid rusting inside machine where white enamel and inside coating meet
Any one else have issues with the underside of the lid rusting and rust getting into washing cycle?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA My name is Woody. I will be glad to assistftf2140fso you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years, and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.When you are done with a load do you leave the washer lid open or close it ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Close
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The rust is actually around the circular opening
ok you need to leave the lid open so that the interior of the washer including under the top panel that has the hole that you put the clothed through it not it stays wet ,dark and the prime place to rust to begin.You can try cleaning the rust up and using touch up paint . or replace the top .this does not happen to every washer but being from south Florida I do see it all the time no matter whom the manufacture.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Do you have any other questions for me? If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech. And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question on this issue just reply back to me, I will still assist you, no extra charges . But rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.