RJ
RJ, Appliance Tech.
Experience:  Norcold, Dometic, Atwood, Suburban repairs
3862310

I have a Norcold N611 refrigerator in my camper. Recently

Customer Question

I have a Norcold N611 refrigerator in my camper. Recently I haven't been able to make it run on electric, however it will run on gas. I hear a buzzing sound when it is plugged in but it will not get cold. Do you have any suggestions for me before I spend money to have it looked at. Thank you. Richard XXXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  RJ replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** for the delay.... This could be a blown fuse, issue with the circuit board OR heating element. To start go to the outside access panel and verify the plug in has power. The fridge runs off of DC power not AC power. IF the plug has power leave the cord unplugged, you will see a circuit board located in the lower left corner, remove the cover on the board and check the fuses, one is for AC power so you want to make sure it is unplugged before you check the fuse. If the fuse is not blown I would next ohm out the AC heating element with a volt meter. The AC heating element will go from the round flue canister to the circuit board. Unplug the wires at the board and ohm the wires leading back to the element, you should have 38 to 53 ohms... IF everything checks out good I suspect the board is at fault. Click HERE for a service manual, it should help you out. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert