John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a Kitchen Aid range top (one year old) and the ignition

Customer Question

I have a Kitchen Aid range top (one year old) and the ignition spark wont turn off! What's going on?
Jim T.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA My name is Woody. I will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years, and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt. Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ? open the oven door and the model/serial tag is on the face frame of the oven.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's a range
KGCD807XSS02 Serial # *****
Thank you!Is it every burner that is sparking or just one and has any one spilled water or anything around the burner knobs?And how long has this been happening?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Started with one burner, now its a bunch of them. Just started about one hour ago. No water spilled as far as I know
ok let turn the breaker off then back on to see if it reboots the spark module.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That didn't help.
ok can you verify 100% that no one split anything on it ,if not you are going to have to replace a part if it is just wet it will try out and no parts needed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well maybe my wife spilled some thing but she won't admit it.
ok so lets do this turn the breaker off and let it set for say 3-4 hours and turn it back on ,if it has stopped then it just needed drying out .if it does not stop Then we have to start taking the unit apart.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, thanks
no problem ,just reply back so I know if it just needed to try out or we need to proceed.