Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

Washer didn't drain. may have been overloaded. took out bulky

Customer Question

washer didn't drain. may have been overloaded. took out bulky items. put on drain and spin. just beeping sound and nothing happening.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA My name is Woody. I will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years, and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt. Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ? Do you see any blinking lights on the console?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
whirlpool cabrio WTW550X- YES IT IS BLINKING
I noticed your request for a phone call. Unfortunately, that's not something I'm able to do. I`m an expert that works from a remote location and not in a Just Answer office. I'm happy to continue corresponding with you here directly on your question page.and WTW550X is NOT a full number open the lid and get the full model number from under the lid at the rear of the opening
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WTW5550XWO
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
lid light still blinking even when power off
ok so it is the lid lock light blinking is the lid locked?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
lid not locked
ok so it either has a faulty lid lock or a lid lock circuit is faulty on the control board.Do you have a volt-Ohm meter and know how to used it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
don't have a meter
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tub looks shaky but never really noticed it before
you mean when you grab it and shake it .yes it will move around it is just suspended from the cabinetOk I recommend that you replace the lid /lock switch they do fail alot .The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY! http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/b5p11/Whirlpool-Washing-Machine-Door-Latch/W10404050/1938607?modelNumber=WTW5550XW0&ss=a11b5d916824&mr=1?rcaid=1000070 If you have any questions just reply back.
"Hello, I noticed your request for a phone call. Unfortunately, that's not something I'm able to do. I`m an expert that works from a remote location and not in a Just Answer office. I'm happy to continue corresponding with you here directly on your question page.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Service was good but problem was not solved. Had to call in a technician
what did they find was wrong with the unit?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
First they reset by plugging and unplugging. And rep lugging.
ok so then they did not fix it they just rebooted the control to clear the electronic controls memory ,which means the error that caused the issue will return.