Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

I have an electric drier, stack GLEQ2152ESO.........it beeps

Customer Question

I have an electric drier, stack GLEQ2152ESO.........it beeps 4 times and reads Error 68 ............first said clean filter
I have cleaned out whatever I can, including the exit screen from the house.
The only way I can stop the beeps is to turn off the circuit breaker. I started a new load and it turned off and resumed the beeping and error message.
What can I do?
Thanks for helping me.
Alice xxx
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.
Hi, the error code indicates a stuck or shorted key on the control panel. Try pushing in each button to make sure none are stuck or sticky. If they work properly, then the board is shorted. The board would need to be replaced to fix the issue. We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge. Thank you