Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

I have a whirpool washer with autosense water fill. model number

Customer Question

I have a whirpool washer with autosense water fill. model number WTW57ESVWO... This morning I filled the tub and stopped it a couple times to add bleach and soap. the tub was very full and I then added the towels I wanted to wash. it was very full... when I closed the lid the washer would not agitate. I did empty the tub and spin out when I moved the dial to that spot. any suggestions
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.
Hi, will the washer agitate on any cycle? It will drain and spin fine? Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the washer always fills before it agitates and will not begin the cycle. it will pump water out and spin
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was working fine before I stuffed towels in after it was already very full
Have you unplugged the washer for 2-3 minutes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
let me try that
Let me know what happens. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still no fill
Thank you. The temp switch is going to be the issue. Inside the control panel is a switch that controls power to the water valve. The switch is known for causing this issue and several others. If you're handy, you can make the repair yourself. The part is roughly $80. You can get it from any local appliance parts house or from sears parts. We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when you know that the tub was filled to the point of overflow would that change your mindset. Isnt there some type of level sensor or someway for the auto sense to know its position. as I said I filled the tub very full before putting the laundry in the washer. and I had suds on top of the tub in the washer. I just don't want to change out a part if there is a simple fix
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I said the washer was working fine before I did that.
Yes, check the temp switch connections. The temp switch is what controls this. You have a shorted switch or loose connection on it? You have to rotate the control panel to access. Do you have common household tools available?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes I do
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do I rotate the panel
#19 in the link below is the clip that needs pushed in with a putty knife or something like a putty knife. Unplug the washer before you make your repair. http://www.appliancepartspros.com/controls-rear-panel-parts-for-whirlpool-wtw57esvw0.html #38 is the switch that's faulty. We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok I will look into this and get back to you
Ok. We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you tell me how to get to the clip... I don't see it
Did you look at the link I sent? You need a putty knife to reach it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is it underneath the top.? do you have reach under the top to get to it?
The link has a picture diagram. It's in the corner of the control panel.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is there a way to check if that part is bad with a voltmeter?
Let me pull up the service manual. Stand by please. Thanks