Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

I have aamana model th2153w refridgerator. I had to transport

Customer Question

I have aamana model th2153w refridgerator. I had to transport it on its side on a trailer for about a***** I let the refridgerator stand up right for several hours and then turned it on. It ran and cooled for an less than hour and shut off. Now the compressor and fans won't operate. Any idea whats wrong.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.
Hi, it sounds like it's stuck in defrost? You can manually advance the defrost timer and see if the fans and compressor come on they both should. We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I manually advance the defrost timer? Where is it located?
Is this a bottom mount freezer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. Top mount freezer.
It's inside the refrigerator section normally by the control knob. It can also be on the back. What is the complete model number from the sticker on the inside wall of the refrigerator section? Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model #th2153w
Mfg no. P1195606ww
I'm not able to pull up a parts diagram of this model. It must be to old? Have you looked inside the refrigerator section behind the panel where the controls are? It's either there or on the back. Bottom mount freezers its always on the bottom front behind the toe kick. We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll check those locations.
The re fridge is another location than where I am currently.
It was bought new in 1995-1996.
That's new enough there should be a parts look up. It's going to be in one of those places.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. So I find it, then what?
Turn the middle of it with a flat head. It should go into cool mode. You'll see the spot to twist.