John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have an Amana side by side refrigerator. My problem is my

Customer Question

I have an Amana side by side refrigerator. My problem is my freezer compartment would stop freezing and food would start to thaw. I consulted a local parts dealer and they suggested it was the defrost timer. I replaced the defrost timer tonight, but still don't have any change in the situation. Any other suggestions that may help rectify the situation. the appliance is about 12 yrs old.. Fan motor is running. and refrigerator side is working fine.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how long does it take to get an answer? or a technician?
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA My name is Woody. I will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years, and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.After you replaced the defrost time did you then adavance the unit into a defrost mode?
And sorry I just returned from lunch!