Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
60802242

Have built in fridgidaire oven . its been cleaning

Customer Question

have built in fridgidaire oven . its been cleaning for three hours is this normal? i have pushed cancel button ., doesn't work
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Yes, believe it or not it is very normal and quite common.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
While in a self clean cycle the oven gets so hot that it can slightly heat the relays not he main control board. And when this happens the board can sometimes short out and become non responsive.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
I would first suggest powering off the machine by flipping off the circuit breaker to the oven. Then leave it off for about five minutes. Then flip it back on again. Set the clock on the oven and get it back to normal not he display. Then next try opening the door and selecting a cycle not he control board. If it functions as normal leave it be for the next several hours or until tomorrow and then use it as normal if all functions as normal still after waiting a day then you are fine. But if it doesn't work or even the door open and the control board still doesn't function then you will need to replace the main control board and door lock mechanism.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Get back to me here if you need the part info and I will tell you the part info and exactly where to get it cheaply on line. And even give you some insight on how to install the parts yourself.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there? Do you still need my help? Again, I would first try the flipping off the circuit breaker and trying it again. If that doesn't work please let me know and I will help you more. Just get back to me here. Thanks