Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My refrigerator is having condensation above the top shelf

Customer Question

my refrigerator is having condensation above the top shelf and down one side. I think it is the door seal. Tried vaseline. any other tricks?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a model number so I can better assist you? And is the water leaking in the refrigerator section or the freezer section?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot find a model number. It is a GE Monogram series. The leak is in the refrigerator section. It is basically a lot of condensation which is forming on inside top and running down the wall. Freezer is fine.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I will opt out. I can not help you without a model number. Good luck!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is the model number?? Why can't you help me???
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The model number, if it is a built in model, is behind the access panel that is above the doors. As for the door seals, use a hair dryer to heat the seal until very warm and it should expand to make a good, solid seal. Can you see gaps in the gasket around the sealing area?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The model is a side by side refrigerator and freezer. It is old from 1991 so the seal is likely the problem. I can't see gaps. I will try the hair dryer and see if that helps. Thanks.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good, keep me posted! The model tag will be down by the refrigerator door hinge on a silver and black sticker.