John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

We had our Miele 6700 speed oven installed about a week ago.

Customer Question

We had our Miele 6700 speed oven installed about a week ago. It was working fine. Tonight we tried to use speed oven and the preheat wasn't working well. Then tried to shut it off and it won't shut off but not heating. Now it is off but fan is running and it won't turn on. No idea what is wrong?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
First, if the unit was just installed a week ago I would call and have the unit checked by an authorized service center, this unit should be under warranty and any problems especially that soon should be taken care of by the warranty.After doing a little bit of research I have found that the fan will run for either twenty five minutes after the oven is turned off or until the temperature in the oven is below 165 degrees, it is designed to do so in order to keep moisture from building up inside the oven. This is a built in feature of the machine.Has the fan stopped?