Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My refridgerator alarm was on all night - my son forgot to

Customer Question

my refridgerator alarm was on all night - my son forgot to close the door i think
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
If the door was left open, this means that too much frost has built up behind the back panel inside the freezer and it's now clogging up the vents and not allowing the air to flow into the refrigerator and around the freezer correctly. You'll need to remove everything out of the unit, unplug the refrigerator for 24 hours, and allow everything to thaw out. After 24 hours if you plug it back in, everything should work like normal and if it doesn't, then the compressor overworked itself and you'll need to get a technician to come out and look at the compressor to see if it needs to be replaced. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.