Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Oven when you put heat range to example--350 and push start

Customer Question

oven when you put heat range to example--350 and push start button range temp goes to 100 oven heats up but temp #s stay at 100
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Does the oven get hot enough to bake even though it shows 100 degrees, or is it just warming up a little bit?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no sure just know that the temp gauge never moves off of 100 it used to go up to the heat range it was set at and level off,shut oven off and reheat
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Understood, but you'll need to be able to answer that question to be able to know what is causing the problem. So if you can please check and does the oven get hot enough to bake even though it shows 100 degrees, or is it just warming up a little bit?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok ill get temp gauge and check get back with ya thanks
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK sounds good. Just let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
temp does go up--gauge stays at 100 oven will surpass the 350 temp
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK perfect. This is either a bad oven sensor or a bad display relay control board. You can't test the board but you can test the sensor. Open the door and remove the 3-4" long thin metal rod attached to the back wall. There are 2 screws holding the sensor on that you can remove and then pull the sensor forward until you can disconnect it. WIth a multimeter, check the resistance of the sensor at room temperature and it should be about 1080 ohms. If it's not, replace the sensor, otherwise you need to replace your relay board. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.