Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have the kenmore 253.44509602 and the it was operating fine. Power

Customer Question

i have the kenmore 253.44509602 and the it was operating fine.
Power went out and @ 10 minutes later back on. Only the freezer light comes one. no compressor. This happened several years ago and it was the main board. is there a fuse on that to protect it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
So you can add a surge protector behind the refrigerator which plugs into the outlet and then the power cord from the refrigerator plugs into the surge protector. But other than that there is no in-line fuse on the refrigerator itself that protects the control board. If the lights come on but you hear no motors or compressor running your main control board under the refrigerator will need to be ordered and replaced to fix the issue. To access the control board, the lower front vent panel below the doors will need to be removed. Then you can see a black plastic box with 1 screw going up into the floor if the refrigerator. Just remove the screw and the plastic box cover will slide forward and out so that you can replace the control board. The part is all plug and play so if you're handy you can replace it yourself if you just unplug the refrigerator first. Below is a link to the control board you'd need to order for your model. CLICK HERE for control board We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?