Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

I JUST PURCHASED AN EDGESTAR 32 BOTTLE WINE COOLER. SET THE

Customer Question

I JUST PURCHASED AN EDGESTAR 32 BOTTLE WINE COOLER. SET THE TEMP. AT 52 DEGREES ON BOTH SIDES. BUT THE TEMP. GOES BACK TO 62 DEGREES WHERE IT WAS AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE. WHY? WON'T IT STAY AT 52?
***** *****
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.
Hi, the temp is switching back to what it thinks is the actual temp inside the machine. If you've just plugged it in, it will take 24hr for it to reach the 52 set point you set. If it doesn't reach 52 in 24hr, you have a freon issue most likely. Do you hear the compressor on the back and fans inside running? We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge. Thank you