Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Plugged in 30 amp outlet and my 15amp breaker went off. Microwave

Customer Question

plugged in 30 amp outlet and my 15amp breaker went off. Microwave will not go on in rv. Have Magic Chef convection/microwave. Is there a reset switch and if there is, where is it. I hope the microwave is not fried.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I plugged in my rv to 30amp outlet on property. Went inside to check everything was working. Microwave was not. Found 15 amp fuse had popped. When I pushed it back up (on) a loud noise came from breaker box and a little smoke came from behind gas stove. Microwave is above stove. Breaker stays on now but micro not working
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The microwave is shorted somewhere and causing the breaker to trip. Microwaves are inherently dangerous to service, even while unplugged, due to the large capacitor inside. If you are not familiar with them, you will want to have to professionally repaired or replace the microwave.