Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Whirlpool washer wont run , gives e2 or f3 codes and does

Customer Question

whirlpool washer wont run , gives e2 or f3 codes and does nothing model wfw9151yw00
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.F3 E2 is an indication of a water temperature sensor (NTC) error, or Heating Circuit failure. Check the Water Temperature Sensor and check connections to the Water Temperature Sensor.To access, you will have to UNPLUG your washer and remove all the screws going into the back sheet metal panel and remove the back sheet metal panel. The sensor (NTC) is located at the base of the wash tub in the back. This will be a small square shaped plug between the heating element terminals. This is part 23 in the diagram attached. Make sure this plug is secure and not loose or unplugged. It is common for the connector plug to come loose due to vibration. Other times the wires going between the sensor and control board break so you need to repair the wires. If the plug is intact, check the contacts for corrosion. If everything appears as it should, then unplug the wire harness and take a resistance check. You should have roughly 9K ohms at room temperature if I'm reading the chart correctly. Take readings as listed and also double check the connector to make sure it is not oxidized. Try cleaning the plug and reconnecting to see if the error code goes away. If not, you will probably have to replace the sensor. If the sensor checks good replace your main control board in the front right corner of the washer under the top panel.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i havent had a chance to get back to the washer to check the sensor and wires
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK, well good luck.