Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Trying to replace the door hook on the Bosch 5051U. Have the

Customer Question

Trying to replace the door hook on the Bosch 5051U. Have the choke off but find it difficult to get the replacement hook in place without taking the glass unit out to make the space to attach the spring + slide the tabs of the hook in place. Any tricks to get the door hook in place without removing the glass, if not, how do I remove the glass.
Phil
Groton, MA
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The glass will likely need to be removed to access the back of the latch. The entire front panel, including the frame and glass, should come off, allowing full access. There are plastic pressure tabs that secure it in place. See the breakdown at the URL below.
http://c.searspartsdirect.com/lis_png/PLDM/50037608-00002.png