Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

I have an LG portable Air Conditioner that will not turn on..

Customer Question

It is plugged in and I have checked the house fuse..
What could be wrong?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.
Hi, the reset breaker on the cord is faulty of the control board inside has failed. Usually the breaker on the end of the cord is the issue. If you have a meter, you could test the cord. If the cord is good, the control board inside is shorted. You have to split the case to access the control unfortunately. We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where Is the circuit board located?
This model actually has two. The one you see on the top and another main one on the left side looking at it from the front I believe. You will need to split the plastic case to see it replace it. We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have located the 2 boards. Top and rear bottom. How do I know which 1 to replace?
The bottom main board is usually the culprit. Check the connections on it. You can test for voltage out of the main board to the display board if you have a multimeter. We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge. Thank you