Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Tom. My GE Frontload washer isn't spinning during the rinse/spin

Customer Question

Hi Tom. My GE Frontload washer isn't spinning during the rinse/spin cycle. I'm looking for diagnostics and a fix.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just tried starting a wash cycle to see if the drum agitates at all. It moves slightly then does not agitate. I may pull off the back to see if there is a problem with the belt. The pump ran and pumped out some water but there is no agitation so far.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The pump works. It evacuates water from the tub. Still no real agitation but the tub does rotate slightly like it is distributing a load. I only put in a shop towel and a hand towel. May not be enough to run normally.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, it fills some water, moves the drum slightly, then evecuates the water and the start/pause light flashes and the door unlocks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Did anybody receive my question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It does not appear to be the belt or pully. They're tight.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What's the next step?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Make and model is GE wcvh6800j0ww
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi JustAnswer. We're closing in on 48 hours since I asked the initial question. Can someone give me an idea as to when I may get some guidance? Thank you.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect the control is seeing an issue with the motor or the control itself has issues. Referring to the page below, can you initiate the service mode and see if it will perform the tests outlined in each step, please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kelly,
Here are the results of the diagnostics:
t01--4
t02--46,42
t03-- 400
t04--All worked
t05-- P Pump runs and water evacuates
t06-- All fill and drain correctly.
t07-- 76
t10- Drum moved slightly in one direction then stopped. Did not run 5 seconds in each direction.
t11- No spinning at all.
t12-- all successful.
No T14.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Will the tub turn manually in each direction smoothly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. I could move it manually in both directions.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
It sounds like the motor control board has issues. It is mounted in the base of the machine and is available below. The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY! CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly.
Is it worth trying a reset on the board?
Is that possible?Thank you
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
When you initiated the diagnostics routine, that reset the main machine control. There is no reset for the motor board.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you!
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
You bet, thank you!