Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a GE Profile fridge and I can not find my manual. It

Customer Question

I have a GE Profile fridge and I can not find my manual. It is not making any ice. Sunday my sun-in-law took all of the ice for his cooler. Since then it has only made one batch of ice. It has never made a lot of ice. The ice lock switch is off and it should be making ice.
What should I do to get it going. I am not putting ice in the bin that I bought from the store.
Tom
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! the ice maker cycles with the temperature of the freezer. If the freezer door is opened a lot, you will get less ice. If the door tends to stay closed a lot, you will get more ice. If the ice cream is not as hard as it used to be, you may have an issue with the temperature, likely due to air flow. Can you hear a fan running in the freezer section? Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer? May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?