Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a GE microwave oven that the handle has broken off twice

Customer Question

I have a GE microwave oven that the handle has broken off twice in less than 19 months, the first time was under warranty so a technician came to my home and replaced the entire door, this time (19 moths after purchase date) the handle broke again. I know it's a simple project to replace the handle but no one at GE will give me the information on how to remove the black frame on the inside of the microwave door in order to gain access to the handle attachment. Can you please help
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.If you're handy, this is definitely something you can replace yourself. To replace the handle, you'll need to take the door apart. The inner plastic choke will need to be pried off so that you can separate the door skin from the door frame. Below is a link to a video that will show you how to take the microwave door apart. Don't be confused by the fact that the microwave in the video is a Whirlpool and your unit is GE. The process is still the same. CLICK HERE for video We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?