Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Profile model PB915TT1CC and in a bake cycle it heats

Customer Question

I have a Profile model PB915TT1CC and in a bake cycle it heats up to temp then at some point it just quits heating and cools off eventually to room temp. However the temp display on top of the range still shows the corrct temp setting.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
This could be a bad bake element, a bad control board, or a bad oven sensor causing this issue. The oven will use al the elements during preheat to heat the oven up quickly so if the bake element has failed, then once the temperature has been reached, the temperature will go back down to room temperature. You'll need to pull the oven out and remove the back sheet metal panel behind the oven so you can test which part has failed. Disconnect the oven sensor and the bake element after unplugging the oven and removing the back sheet metal panel. Test continuity through the element and test the resistance of the sensor. You should have 1080 ohms or so through the sensor if the sensor is good at room temperature. Other than that, if the element doesn't have continuity then replace it. If the element and the sensor check good, you'll need a new display control board because it's not controlling the temperature correctly. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I guess which one it is? The bottom element may be the problem but it isn't visible so I am not sure how to check it. If I can get things to work in the convection mode does that narrow down the fault issue? I do have electronics skills but is this something that I should call a repair tech for?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
The bottom element would be the one in question. When you remove the back sheet metal panel, you can access the element through the back and unplug the wires going to it to test it. If you were guessing between the sensor/control board/element---then I would say the element is the most likely to cause this problem followed by the control board as a second guess.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?