JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Customer Service
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

Larry I have a whirlpool duet gas dryer GGW9250PT3 sn MT4302859 3 mo prior had interfac

Customer Question

larry
I have a whirlpool duet gas dryer GGW9250PT3 sn MT4302859
3 mo prior had interface board go bad. R&R all is well. now lost ALL power to display pnl. I checked door sw, thermal fuse, motor windings, and belt sw. all checked good. according to instr sheet with dryer if I checked P1-3 to P1-4 on control board and had a reading of 1 to 6 ohms replace board I had 1.9 R&R cont brd, now have partial pwr... but only
control locked beeps and flashes on a 3 sec cycle. have tried EOC press for 3 & 10 sec, no success.. have verified that none of my buttons are stuck. pers email is***@******.***
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately something is just going on with your interface control board itself. I'm not sure if that's the board you just R&Red, then the part came faulty and you'll need to return it and get a new one because that is the only thing that will cause the control panel to react this way with the control lock beeping and flashing every 3 seconds or so. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3 mo ago i replaced interface board, it had the dim lighting of a couple cycle choices. I would shut off ,unplug and restart. would work for a few days to a week. eventually died. so replaced it (interface brd) worked great..
this go around lost all pwr to interface, I had no power, no lights what so ever. I checked all possible defects as stated including 120V ac. determined that needed to replace main control board. did that just now and after that, the control locked beep started.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK well the interface board is the only thing that can cause your current problem so you can see if the board is under warranty depending on who you purchased it from 3 months ago. If it's under warranty then return it and get a new one, otherwise you'll just need to get a new one.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tyler ,
sorry for the massive dely but have been searching the web for a interface panel. most are out of stock with no get well date. her have a 30 day B/O time. finally found one and rcv'd. just installed and now shows control locked, but it doesn't have the sec beep sequence anymore. now what?!
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Press and hold the "End of Cycle Signal" button for 5 seconds and that should unlock the control panel. If not then the board just came faulty and you need to return it and get a new one. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's a whirlpool factory new part, I understand it gets shipped and bounced down the road, but how can it be that fragile?
I have a discrete question can you email me directly?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately I can not e-mail you directly but boards do come faulty sometimes I'm afraid. It's not common place but in my experience it's about 1 in 20 or so, so it's probably a lot higher than one might imagine not being in the industry.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, I just had a second board arrive that I had cancelled due to a 30 day B/O. apparently they found one before the cancel order went in. just tried it,..same results just a lock light, preformed the 5 sec End of cycle no change. any ideas?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Nothing else can cause this problem. Either you got 2 faulty boards or you're ordering the wrong board for your model. There are no other options.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll entertain the idea that I have unbelievable luck of two board back to back. how can I determine if I have the correct board?
dryer mod# ***** ***** S/N MT4302859 board #(###) ###-####rev e
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
could the recently replaced control board itself be bad?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
No. Again, only the front interface control board can possibly cause this issue.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is***** will try to assist you.From previous information it sounds like you are having issues with the control board. After having replaced twice now and both boards are reacting the same I doubt that you have received two bad boards back to back although it is possible. Let me do some additional checking and see what i can find for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
john just to clarify interface board rpl feb 2015, control board rpl jul 2015, and then,... the two interface boards one of two was sent out as warrantee item
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
Everything that I see in troubleshooting this problem indicates that you should be able to press and hold the "end of cycle" for three seconds and your problem should go away.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
I have been reading through some of the other forums online in regards ***** ***** problem and found one other person that was having this same issue. Went through pretty much the same thing of replacing control board up to three times and finally had someone recommend that they replace the control panel which solved his problem. It apparently was not responding to the inputs that were being made on it. The suggestion to replace the control panel come from a guy that said he had been seeing this problem a lot lately.I hope that this helps you.Please take a moment to rate your experience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok I did just change it a bout two weeks ago when based on the research it indicated it was the control panel that was bad. I suppose that it could be bad out of the box. will contact the supplier and see what the warrantee policy is.
will let you know
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
I hope that this solves your issue.It has been a pleasure to assist you.Please take a moment to rate your experience.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
Do you still need assistance with this?
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
Do you still need assistance with this problem?
If not please take a moment to rate your experience.