John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a Kenmore model 665.13263K111 dishwasher about 3 years

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore model 665.13263K111 dishwasher about 3 years old. It has developed a load snapping noise during the wash cycle. Almost sounds like a solenoid valve. There are no dishes in the way of the wash bars.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA My name is Woody. I will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years, and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.Can you tell me when you hear the noise ?How long does this noise last each time?And can you give me a general location of the noise?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It seems the noise lasts thru the wash cycle. The snapping noise is loud and I can't pinpoint it. Otherwise the dishwasher seems to work ok.
Ok so it last the entire time the unit is running /circulating water? or just on a wash mode and not the rinse mode
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes thru the entire cycle of washing and rinsing
ok and when the unit is draining the water out do you still here the noise?And just as you turn the unit on and it is filling do you also hear it then ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When filling and draining the noise is not there. When it starts the wash cycle is when the snapping noise starts.
ok have you taken the lower spray arm off and cleaned the screen and in the pump yet? I suspect you have something in the pump that is hitting a moving part and making this noise in the circulating pump.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I have not. I will try this first. Thanks.
ok I suspect you have a hard object ( possibly a seed or broken glass.) hitting the masserator / chopper blade I find a lot of olive seeds in my area of households I work in.