Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

John. I have a GE GDS18LBR (or SBR) refrigerator that is

Customer Question

Hi John. I have a GE GDS18LBR (or SBR) refrigerator that is dripping water from the bottom of the refrigerator door onto the top of the freezer drawer. Both compartments are at the appropriate temperatures. Is this water because of humid weather, or something else?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
If the water is coming from the door itself, then yes the issue is caused by excessive humidity because moisture will build up inside the door and leak out the drain hole on the bottom of the door onto the freezer door---there is nothing you can do to fix this issue other than to get a dehumidifier or something like that in your house. Now if the water is coming from the divider between the refrigerator and freezer, that would be a clogged drain line and the drain line would need to be cleared because it's backing up and causing it to overflow and leak out the middle divider between the refrigerator and freezer.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?