Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Kenmore model 417/48102701 washer that will not final

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore model 417/48102701 washer that will not final spin the drain is clear the ware drains but no spin . When I do the diagnostic test it does drain and spin . Any ideas
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
If the washer will drain and spin in diagnostics but it won't on a normal cycle, this means that the load is either unbalanced or your door latch assembly has a failed PTC sensor inside the latch and the latch needs to be replaced. To know which is your problem you can do 2 tests. Run a cycle without any clothes inside. If it still won't spin, then it sounds like your door latch is faulty because the basket isn't unbalanced without any clothes inside. Another thing you can do is watch the washer during the spin cycle. If it shuts off early and just ends the cycle after trying to spin, that is a bad door latch as well. Even though the door is locking, the washer double checks the latch assembly before it goes into the spin cycle and if the PTC sensor inside the latch doesn't give a good reading, it will turn the washer off early and cancel the spin cycle. It's actually a fairly easy part to replace if you're handy. You'll need to unplug the washer and open the door to start with. Then there is a wire ring around the front lip of the rubber door gasket. Use a flat head screwdriver and pry the wire ring off. From there you can pull the gasket back out of the way. Remove the screws going into the door latch from the front and reach behind to replace the door latch assembly. Below is a link to the latch assembly you'll need to order and replace for this model.CLICK HERE for door latch We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?