John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Originally I/M over flowed and froze up. When we arrived

Customer Question

Originally I/M over flowed and froze up. When we arrived first time, fingers were in 4/5 o'clock position. Replaced maker no ice at all. Would like to get self diagnostic info. To start and any suggestions. Thanks Woody, will await your response. As Always.....
Chris B.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Chris :Thank you for requesting me!When you replaced the icemaker did you add water to the mold so that the icemaker would cycle and refill after that water became frozen into cubes and ejected ,then it will complete the cycle and fill with more water.Most customer do not think of this step!Also I assume the water is turned on to the refrigerator correct?And how cold is the freezer? yes I know the icemaker is mounted in the fresh food section ,but the icemaker cycles off of temperature from the below freezing cold air that is channeled up into the icemaker compartment from the freezer.