JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Customer Service
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

I have a 12 year old Thermador Double Oven, C272ZS, that I

Customer Question

I have a 12 year old Thermador Double Oven, C272ZS, that I just love. However, when I am done using it and I turn it off it starts beeping seconds, or minutes later. We have been turning it off by the breaker for over a year. It beeps well before any error message appears. If I let it beep it eventually shows F24 Error. What part do I need to replace?
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is anyone going to email me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has been 23 hours. I think I should just get my money back if no one is going to answer. Perhaps you are stumped??
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
Sorry that you haven't received a response earlier.Based on the information you have provided this is not an uncommon problem on the Thermador product. The beeping and F24 code are due to a bad circuit board in the oven. Based on everything that I can find this part is not available any longer.You could try to contact Thermador customer service directly at 1-***-***-****.I am sorry that I can't provide more information or better information for you but this is all that I have available to me.Thank you for using justanswer.comPlease take a moment to rate your experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the circuit board called? Repair Clinic has a User Control and Display Board available. Is this the same thing? This is what someone else used and it worked for the same F24 Error. Also, another site said that for all Thermador Double Ovens "C" Series, F24 means I need to "Replace Power Relay Board and Touch Pad". But I can't find anything using those exact words.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
The part that you are actually looking for is what repair clinic calls a relay board.OEM Part - Manufacturer #00486909RepairClinic Item #(###) ###-####his part is listed as not available from the repair clinic website, they do have a note on it as well that I have added below:HELP – Where can I get this part?If we have marked the part you need as Not Available, it means:The manufacturer no longer sells the partWe can no longer get it from any of our suppliersThere is no substitute for the part available to usWe don’t know of any other source for the partUnfortunately, even if you contact us we won’t be able to help But, there may still be hope. Here are some other things you can do:Contact local parts dealers, one of them might still have it in stockEnter your part number in a search engine, a smaller company might have itTry eBay. Search by using the part numberTry a used appliance store, sometimes they have the same modelContact refurbishing companies, especially for circuit boardswww.corecentricsolutions.com/published/allbrandsappliancepartsrepairwww.remanufacturedapplianceparts.comwww.generaltimerepairs.comTake the part to a parts retailer, sometimes they can fix the partTake the part to an appliance technician, they might be able to fix the partConsider other sources such as www.grainger.com for motors, capacitors, etc.