Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Refrigerator model ZFSB23DND SS. Water dispenser is working

Customer Question

Refrigerator model ZFSB23DND SS. Water dispenser is working but leaks underneath towards the front middle on fridgerator side. Noticed leaking about a week after replacing the filter water filter. I did un screw and replace to confirm proper threading. Cannot find any leaks or drips when taking off the back panel or inside the fridge. Ice maker is working.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The issue is likely a leaking water tank, located behind the crisper drawers. Can you remove the drawers for inspection?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I pulled the drawers out and ran the water dispenser. No leaking could be seen or felt from inside the fridge. Water came out of the dispenser but also underneath the fridge. I have yet to locate any leaking from inside the fridge or behind the fridge with the water lines when I took the back panel off.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, so you likely have a cracked line or a loose fitting. Where the water lines go near the refrigerant tubing is a common leak point because the heat from the compressor makes the plastic water line brittle. You will need to remove the rear access panel to inspect the area under the cabinet while dispensing water.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I actually tried that first. I took off the back panel ran the dispenser and found no leaks. The water leaked underneath but in front of what you could see from the back side. Without laying the fridge on its back to see underneath I am not sure where it is coming from.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hmm, it seems it would have to be from the line that leads to the door from the tank. There is a coupler right near the door hinge, is that leaking maybe?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Haven't had time to check near hinges. Try tomorrow and let you know.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
You bet, thank you.