The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
3079445

My Samsung dishwasher DMS500TWR shows f5. Can you please

Customer Question

Hi, My Samsung dishwasher DMS500TWR shows f5. Can you please advise what this means and what to do to remedy the situation.many thanks, sonia
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you please advise how to fix theF5 as requested. Thanks
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 1 year ago.
Hi, and welcome to JustAnswer.The F5 error code indicates that the unit is not draining correctly. check that the drain hose is not kinked or restricted.If you have a small access door on the front of the unit use a screw driver to open it and there is a cap that you remove to clean out the coin trap. NOTE: any water remaining in the unit will come out when you remove the cap. have plenty of rags on hand to mop up the water.Clearing the coin trap will resolve the problem. If the coin trap is clear then the drain pump has failed. Replacement will be needed.Best, Smitty